Friday, January 25, 2013

It’s Time: Kaka Should Leave Real Madrid

I personally think that it’s a good idea if Kaka departs to another club. Don’t get me wrong, I do like him at Real Madrid (he gets great support from Madridistas and maintains a reputable image for the club) but my issue is that he barely gets any playing time. When I think of Kaka at Madrid, I just picture wasted talent on the bench. This is the same player that had made the starting for almost all of his matches in his Milan days. Kaka now, in the present? He rarely makes it into the starting XI and is even lucky to get some, if any, playing time. It deeply saddens me to see his career has come down to this.

As a Madrid supporter and a Kaka admirer (who doesn’t love this guy?), it pains me to know that someone with great skills and abilities is not able to bounce back because his club won’t give him sufficient opportunities. I am one of those firm believers that feels Kaka is capable of reaching the same potential that he used to live up to. This is why I think that Kaka leaving Real Madrid would be best for his career.

Now I’m not blaming Real Madrid (ok maybe I am a little) but it’s a complicated situation. Part of the blame has to go to them, right? Not giving Kaka enough responsibility and importance on the pitch has got to be a factor that contributes to his poor form.

On the other hand, I can understand where Real Madrid is coming from. They paid a lot of money for him and have high expectations. From the club’s perspective, I do understand that getting a player back into form can be something hard to do, especially at a club like Real Madrid. With top players like Mesut Ozil and Luca Modric competing for the same position as Kaka, getting play time does not come easy. There are high demands in terms of performance.

Real Madrid had paid about 65 million Euros for the Brazilian and won’t sell him off willy-nilly. That is where the problem lies. Real Madrid doesn’t want to sell Kaka because they do not want to lose money. If Kaka stays at the Santiago Bernabéu, it will become harder to return back to form.

Kaka is one of those special individuals that you cannot describe in words (as a person and as a player). Using them would not be adequate enough to express his incomparable qualities.

How do you feel about Kaka? What do you see in his future? I would love to know in the comments!


Image via Real Madrid website

Also, make sure to follow me on twitter: @OfficialLaxmi

Writer comments: While constructing this post, I watched tons of Kaka videos and enjoyed watching ever minute of it. If you guys want me to create a post with some of my favorite give me a heads up!

Written By: Laxmi Patel

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see Kaka move to the LA Galaxy (purely for selfish reasons). This would allow me to see him play in a league I care about. A move to the NY Red Bulls would also allow that but then I'd have to decide if I wanted to root for NY or against Kaka (a difficult choice).

    As for what's best for Kaka, I think a move to Italy or Germany would be good for him. I don't think he will be signed by a major English team at this point. Wherever he goes he may need to take a pay cut and Real will certainly not get their investment back. Its unfortunate that he was injured when he was, but now he needs to return to playing regularly. And you're right, that means leaving Madrid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Adam, thanks for the comment!
      Theres a good chance that Kaka could make a move to LA Galaxy in the future (it would be nice to see him play in the States)! I personally want him to go to another league first (like you said, maybe in Italy or Germany).

      Hopefully AC Milan can somehow manage to buy him back before the transfer window closes! (It's somewhat unlikely, but a girl can only hope!)

      -Laxmi

      Delete