Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chelsea FC vs. Arsenal

I’m sick. I’m tired. And I have to crunch out a blog post. Let’s do this!

Before I start, I want to take some time to talk about something a bit irrelevant to today’s match. Torres’ hair! What are your thoughts? At first, I thought it might improve his performance (since he won’t have his long hair in his face) but I guess there wasn’t much of a difference. Oh well. Let’s get back to what really matters…

Chelsea versus Arsenal. One of the much anticipated matches this weekend.

Over and over again I tell people that Chelsea lacks consistency. When they have to play against stronger clubs like Manchester United, they give it all that they’ve got and it tends to be a very close game. On the other hand, when they go against mid-table (or borderline relegated teams like QPR) it’s a different story. Chelsea’s inconsistency is another topic on its own so I won‘t go too much into detail about that. (I will eventually make a post dedicated to that issue.)

Here is a general overview of today's match:

First Half

First half was pretty decent. Chelsea had possession and were up two goals (made by Juan Mata and Frank Lampard). Tactically, Chelsea was not great but they had got the job done.

Second Half

Arsenal definitely picked up their pace as Chelsea lagged behind. Eventually, Arsenal netted in a goal (made by Theo Walcott) making the scored 1-2. They did get numerous chances (with several corners) but failed to equalize in the end which led to a 2-1 loss.

My Man Of The Match

My MOTM would have to go to Petr Cech for obvious reasons. He made tons of great saves and prevented Arsenal from equalizing. If it wasn’t for Cech, Chelsea could have possibly lost today.

Thank you for reading and make sure to comment down below! I would love to hear your thoughts! J

**I apologize if this post was not up to par. I've been a little sick these past couple of days and haven't been feeling too fresh. Once I get better, I'll put out some awesome blog posts! Promise ;)

Written by: Laxmi Patel

0 comments:

Post a Comment